Skip to main content

SAVVY BLOGMAS DAY 5 2017

Helloooooooo!
Savvy Blogmas!

Day 5
So, we are starting or certainly planning to indulge ourselves and  are probably already overeating and over drinking! Today is all about sparing a thought  for those far less fortunate than ourselves. Outside of our comfortable bubble is another world, a bleak world where people are frightened, hungry and lonely.Why not make today the day you do something for  them.......



You could;
* pop to your local food bank, homeless or women's shelter and drop in something nice for them to enjoy this Christmas? If you are taking food make sure its non perishable and in date.
* make comfort packs up which include wet wipes, new underwear, comb, dry shampoo, lip balm, sanitary protection...... Whatever you can manage will be gratefully received.
* If you are having a clear out before Christmas you could take coats etc. to a local shelter. 
* reserve a place for a homeless single person at Crisis.

I have several links for you today to make the job easier!
Womens Aid - includes directories and much more
Food Bank Help - run by the Trussell Trust. Great easy to use website
Make a comfort pack - how to make comfort packs 
Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal - a wonderful organisation helping children

Crisis at Christmas - a fantastic organisation for single homeless people

Christmas is about love and giving. Whether people donate for selfless or altruistic reasons, the recipients will be incredibly grateful.
Do you have a favourite cause that you donate to? Share in the comments section below.

Enjoy your day to the full,
Namaste
Janie S xxx
Founder www.savvynsassy.net 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDER WOMEN ARE MISSING CERVICAL SCREENING TEST AND DYING THROUGH IGNORANCE.

Hello! Recently a post went up on the  Savvy 'n Sassy Facebook Group titled " The End of the Jade Goody Effect ". It's message was, I found, mind boggling. I carried out my own research and made a shocking discovery.  www.mirror.co.uk Ignorance Can Kill! What do you have in common with this vivacious woman? Not a lot, you are probably thinking but actually that isn’t true! www.gettyimages.com Like her, you have almost certainly been sexually active at some point in your life, have a family and friends that love you and want to live as long a spossible to see the children in your life, be they yours or someone else's, grow and prosper . Am I right? Like Jade, you may also be one of those women who missed a smear test, assuming that everything was alright. Sadly, she lost her life on Mother’s day 2009.In the years immediaitely following her sad and unnecessary death, the “Jade Effect” saw a sharp increase in the numbers of women accepting their ...

LOOK YOUNGER FOR LONGER! 5 REASONS YOU MUST CLEAN YOUR FACE!

5 reasons you must cleanse your face! and the reasons are shocking! Oh, I know, it feels like such a grind having to find five minutes out of our hectic schedule every evening and just a couple of minutes first thing in the morning to clean our faces. Guess what? If you can just squeeze in under 8 minutes a day into your diary you will not regret it! If you want to see the Vlog on this grab yourself a cuppa and click right here!   I know it is easy to think that letting the shower water run over your face is a good job done but hey that’s just lazy and is not good enough. In the evening, double cleanse and in the morning, a single cleanse will give you a great start to the day!   Top 5 reasons to cleanse day and night…. regularly! 1.       Your skin will stay looking younger for a helluva lot longer! Just like we need oxygen to live, our skin needs oxygen to rejuvenate and do its important repair work whilst we sleep. ...

12 TOP TIPS TO SAVE YOUR BEAUTY CASH AND REDUCE YOUR BEAUTY CARBON FOOTPRINT!

Hey you, savvy 'n' sassy lady! I hope you are having a good week. I don’t know about you but, as I am getting older I am frequently finding that I am less seduced by “things” and increasingly looking at how I can save a bit of cash here and there by finding ways to reuse “stuff” or by “buying wiser”. For me this has been really noticeable with regards to “beauty stuff”. Yes I have been guilty I've buying every promise or new tool, haven’t we all? The problem I have is two fold. Often, when   I look at the ingredients of products I realise how easy and cheap they are to find elsewhere and also, there is that question of recycling/upcycling. I am sure many of us are appalled at the amount of waste and damage we are doing to the planet which we will leave as a legacy to our younger family members. With this in mind, I have made a huge effort to avoid unnecessary purchases and ways to recycle or at least reduce my carbon footprint. I am truly pleased to share them with...