Skip to main content

MY HEART FELT PLEA TO 2018 - please bring hope...an open letter.



My Heart Felt Plea to 2018 - an open letter.
Dear 2018

I am writing to you in the hope that you will be a peaceful year.

2017 has been a funny one! I’m not a big fan of New Year’s Eve and making impossible to keep resolutions that are dead in the dust by February. Nor do I get hugely excited with the idea of getting dressed up to go out and drinking impossible amounts of booze assuming of course, I can get anywhere near the bar, to celebrate your arrival! I fear I am a miserable sod!

The thing is, every year I truly believe that the coming year will be oh so much better than the last one. I look forward through rose tinted glasses to a life of success, (however that’s measured!) and emotional stability along with achieving the body of a goddess!

Every year, the same old sh1t rears its ugly head and every year I use a ton of courage and fortitude to deal with it which let me tell you is exhausting! Of course, I don’t expect perfection, that would make me even more deluded than I already am!
But please 2018 would it be possible to have just a few days in a row that didn’t involve feeling like I’m sat in the world tallest roller coaster backwards without a safety belt, having just consumed a three-course meal just before the ride lurches forward? I’d be appreciative, pretty please!

Okay, so 2017 brought a lot to be grateful for! My beautiful children, husband and grandchildren love me. I’ve travelled in style to amazing places and I set up my longed-for baby www.savvynsassy.net. I have amazing friends. My Mum and I rebuilt a fractured relationship, thank goodness. But……. There are some niggles you know! Niggles I won’t launder in pubic.  Let’s just say there have been some significant issues which I have fought hard to say strong and deal with.

Is there any chance please, please, please with a cherry on top, that you, 2018, could bring a happy resolution? It’s all I am asking for.  I do of course hope for good health, happiness and unity in the world too. How amazing would that be? Just think 2018, if you heard and could act upon my hopes you would go down in history as the best 365 days ever! I think it’s certainly worth giving some special thought to?


I know that I am not alone in feeling sad or scared of what 2018 will bring. There are more of us out there than we realise.

In the meantime, I will plan some low - key NYE “celebrations”, keep my fingers crossed behind my back and welcome you, 2018, singing Auld Lang Syne with hope in my heart that those “niggles” can be sorted!

Seriously, the though of a rerun of 2017 doesn’t bare thinking about, not just for me, but for the thousands of people out there who feel like they just might be driving along the road to hell!

With love and hope,

Namaste,

Janie S xxx (aged 55 and 2 months)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDER WOMEN ARE MISSING CERVICAL SCREENING TEST AND DYING THROUGH IGNORANCE.

Hello! Recently a post went up on the  Savvy 'n Sassy Facebook Group titled " The End of the Jade Goody Effect ". It's message was, I found, mind boggling. I carried out my own research and made a shocking discovery.  www.mirror.co.uk Ignorance Can Kill! What do you have in common with this vivacious woman? Not a lot, you are probably thinking but actually that isn’t true! www.gettyimages.com Like her, you have almost certainly been sexually active at some point in your life, have a family and friends that love you and want to live as long a spossible to see the children in your life, be they yours or someone else's, grow and prosper . Am I right? Like Jade, you may also be one of those women who missed a smear test, assuming that everything was alright. Sadly, she lost her life on Mother’s day 2009.In the years immediaitely following her sad and unnecessary death, the “Jade Effect” saw a sharp increase in the numbers of women accepting their ...

LOOK YOUNGER FOR LONGER! 5 REASONS YOU MUST CLEAN YOUR FACE!

5 reasons you must cleanse your face! and the reasons are shocking! Oh, I know, it feels like such a grind having to find five minutes out of our hectic schedule every evening and just a couple of minutes first thing in the morning to clean our faces. Guess what? If you can just squeeze in under 8 minutes a day into your diary you will not regret it! If you want to see the Vlog on this grab yourself a cuppa and click right here!   I know it is easy to think that letting the shower water run over your face is a good job done but hey that’s just lazy and is not good enough. In the evening, double cleanse and in the morning, a single cleanse will give you a great start to the day!   Top 5 reasons to cleanse day and night…. regularly! 1.       Your skin will stay looking younger for a helluva lot longer! Just like we need oxygen to live, our skin needs oxygen to rejuvenate and do its important repair work whilst we sleep. ...

12 TOP TIPS TO SAVE YOUR BEAUTY CASH AND REDUCE YOUR BEAUTY CARBON FOOTPRINT!

Hey you, savvy 'n' sassy lady! I hope you are having a good week. I don’t know about you but, as I am getting older I am frequently finding that I am less seduced by “things” and increasingly looking at how I can save a bit of cash here and there by finding ways to reuse “stuff” or by “buying wiser”. For me this has been really noticeable with regards to “beauty stuff”. Yes I have been guilty I've buying every promise or new tool, haven’t we all? The problem I have is two fold. Often, when   I look at the ingredients of products I realise how easy and cheap they are to find elsewhere and also, there is that question of recycling/upcycling. I am sure many of us are appalled at the amount of waste and damage we are doing to the planet which we will leave as a legacy to our younger family members. With this in mind, I have made a huge effort to avoid unnecessary purchases and ways to recycle or at least reduce my carbon footprint. I am truly pleased to share them with...