Skip to main content

SLEEPING BEAUTY - PART 1 - 5 BEAUTY BENEFITS OF A GOOD NIGHTS' SLEEP! - MINI SERIES


Hello!
Welcome to part one of the "SLEEPING BEAUTY" mini series at Savvy 'n Sassy !

Our beauty routines often involve expensive layer after layer of creams and serums and whilst these help, there are natural bodily functions that can help us even more than your sixty quid serum. The function I am talking about is SLEEP!

As we sleep our body repairs itself which in turn brings us amazing health and beauty benefits! Michael Breuss, PHD suggests that if we get less than six hours it is probably affecting our looks. The critical amount of sleep that we need is 7 to 9 hours! (I wish!). If we could just get an extra 1 to 3 hours of shut eye, Breuss (1) says that we will notice the difference in a day! I dream of getting even 5 hours of sleep a night. Anyone who knows me knows that I am always struggling with dark under eye circles due to lack of sleep. I would love them to diminish!

So, what are the beauty benefits of getting more sleep?

*A healthier, fuller head of hair.
When we are short on Zzzzzzzz's our blood circulation slows down. Our hair follicles need vitamins and other essential nutrients from blood flow. It is at the follicle where our hair grows. Lack of sleep can also exacerbate other hair issues such as hair loss, breakage and growth!
www.hairmag.com


* Bright eyes.
As I said, I constantly struggle with dark under eyes due to lack of sleep. Those dark circles and puffiness are often the first sign showing we have had a lack of Zzzzzzzz's. As we discussed, our blood circulation slows when we don't sleep enough. It can collect under our eyes. As the skin is very thin in this area, the collection shows as darkness!   We can help with this by staying properly hydrated and elevating our heads when we sleep.
To find out more about concealing click here for the video tutorial.

* Fewer wrinkles.

Sounds good!!!! If only I could just get that extra hour!
We know our skin repairs during the sleep cycle. Collagen renewal is part of this. Collagen prevents sagging. More collagen equals plumper skin which is far less likely to wrinkle.







* Happier healthier appearance.
When we are tired quite frankly we look tired. This is because we tend to stand less straight as we conserve energy and dream about snuggly duvets, but also because not enough of the old sleep stuff can make our mouths droop making us look sad and miserable. (We probably are miserable though because we are so damned tired!)


* A glowing complexion.
Cheating those sleeping hours can result in an ashen, lifeless complexion. Have you ever noticed that however much makeup we put on we cant hide that look?  Again this is down to blood flow. When our blood flows properly we get glowing skin....simples.....apparently!


So, that is part one. Tomorrow we will be looking at HOW SLEEP CHANGES THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES.
By the end of the week we will have a mental toolbox of how to get some flipping sleep and will all be swanning around like new people!
Please do comment below about your experience with sleep. Don't forget to visit the website for lots more!!!!!

Sleep the best you can tonight.
Namaste
Janie S xxx
Founder www.savvynsassy.net

reference 1 - www.sleepdoctor.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOKING AFTER 0VER 50s SUMMER HAIR! sTAY GLOSSY NOT FLOSSY!

Hey! How are you today? More to the point how's your hair?! mine has certainly been suffering form the lovely sunshine we have been having. I turn into Monica Geller in Barbados which to be fair isn't my best look! Today's blog is all about keeping those locks of ours glossy and not flossy . Don't worry you don't to go through any so called "hair rituals" or anything. Its more about choosing the right products for the job and being savvy about looking after your mane!! TOP TIPS! 1 . We know to slather ourselves in UV protection to save our skin but how often do we remember that our hair also needs UV protection? Ever burnt your parting line?  You may have found out it can burn quickly and be rather painful. Now clearly we cant go to Aldi or the cinema, or wherever, with our hair greased up with suntan lotion. Fear not though, there are plenty of products on the market that can help.  Try: Solait Head and Hair Protect SPF30. Its really affordable

COMMON SYMPTOMS OF THE PERIMENOPAUSE.

Common Signs of the Perimenopause! Perimenopause was a word that terrified me. It meant I was getting old, wouldn't have any more children and would fade away into unsexy oblivion! The thing is I didn't want any more children, the two I have are beyond awesome. I don't feel old and my husband still fancies me - so what was the problem? For a start I did not understand what perimenopause meant! Also because I only feel seventeen inside, I couldn't possibly be old enough to be lurching forward to the menopause! I was too embarrassed to admit it and would find excuses to explain hot flushes etc! What a fool! I have heard other  friends make excuses or be terrified by a symptom. I realised I was not alone and so have put together a list of the most common perimenopause symptoms. Check through it and reassure yourself…...or....if you want to view the video chat  click here and enjoy the chat! Signs of the perimenopause 1.Changes in your period They may be

BEST 5 FITNESS VLOGGERS FOR WOMEN OVER 50, CRASH DIETS AND "DIRE" CONSEQUENCES!

Hey! Pic borrowed but can't find owner! Sorry I have been a little quiet of late. I've had no energy! Seriously! Body has been exhausted and brain full of fog and this time I cant blame the menopause! I t's all my own fault to be honest . Before I tell you my Top 5 YT Fitness Vloggers, there needs to be a little context! In my infinite wisdom I decided to do a crash diet. Now before you gasp and clasp your pearls there's a good reason! I watched a documentary on TV about how crash diets had modernised and were a great way to kickstart weight loss and get super healthy, super quick. Tests showed that people rid themselves of type 2 diabetes etc in just a couple of weeks. Now I don't have any of those issues thankfully, but, I am Mrs Impatient, so I thought it would be a great idea.....you know, safely kickstart some weight loss and get motivated! Well, let me tell you, I have never felt so awful in my life! The programme recommended meal replacements follow