Skip to main content

FACE MAPPING - WHAT IS YOUR SKIN TELLING YOU?

Helloooooooo!
Welcome to the Savvy 'n' Sassy blog today! I hope you are happy and well.
We are now firmly into January and there's a chance that your skin, if it is anything like mine, is playing up. I've noticed some spots on my chin and forehead. So that I could find out the root cause of this and deal with it I turned to face mapping. This is a way of analysing skin and has been developed by Dermalogica. I trust the Dermalogica brand and whilst it isn't typically high street priced, it is very effective. This is my own personal view and I am not being paid to mention or review them! 
Today the blog looks at face mapping and how it can help you find out what is going on on in your body.
What is face mapping?
The face is divided into zones that are linked to the internal workings of your body. Have you ever notice that you get a spot in one random part of your face but nowhere else, or you have a puffy eye and cant work out why?  I always thought when I stopped being a teenager I wouldn't get spots any more....it didnt happen! Keep reading to find out why......


Your face is divided into 14 zones but what does that mean really?
Zones 1 and 3. Got a spotty forehead? This is because of a digestive imbalance. You have almost certainly overloaded your body with high amounts of fat. Have a think about what you have been eating. You can cleanse your system by drinking plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day are recommened. You can also try green tea which is full of anti oxidants. This along with eating less fatty foods should clear your forehead up. This makes sense to me because I have over indulged in crisps over Christmas! (oops!)
Zone 2
A spotty zone 2 relates to liver function. Food intolerances can be a cause. If you think this is the case do make an appointment to chat with your GP. It is also said that dairy and alcohol can cause spots and irritation in this area. It can also signify the beginning of rosacea or high bloodpressure.
Zones 4,6,8,10
Do you suffer with spots close to your ears? I know I do occasionally. Ths is linked to your liver and dehydration. Often you will have dark under eyes when you are dehydrated too. Up your water game and avoid eating too much salty food. If you can avoid coffee and tea that will also help . Sometimes you may feel as though you have hot ears. This can also be due to liver stress caused by dehydration.
Zone 7
This zone often has a plethora of open pores. For this reason you need to make sure that you really clean your cosmetic brushes thoroughly and regularly. As this zone is related to the heart you can reduce the skin issues in this area by reducing your stress levels. When I was a Head Teacher I frequently had spots here! If you are concerned about heart issues please speak with your GP.
Zones 5 and 9
Do you get acne along the tops of your cheeks? Are you a smoker? If you do smoke you are much more likely to get acne in these zones as they are related to the repiratory system. Get outside and get some fresh air and exercise. It can really help improve your complexion.
Zones 11 and 13
Linked to hormones and hormonal imbalance particularly during your period or through the menopause. Often seen as those blind lumpy spots that hurt like hell! A clean balanced diet combined with exercise can help you with these pesky blighters! A poor diet can also cause breakouts here.
Zone 12
Oh the dreaded chin zits! These are linked to the stomach and usually flares up when you have been eating rich and heavy foods. You probably need more fibre to get things moving! You might consider a detox although some medical professionals doubt the benefit of detoxing. Get some exercise to aid the fibre!!
Zone 14
If you get break outs in this zone you are probably unwell and fighting off bacteria that is making you poorly. Look after yourself and relax with plenty of water to drink.

I find face mapping really useful. Reflecting on my findings it rings very true! So, I'm off to get another glass of water and to relax for a few minutes with a glycolic face mask! Fingers crossed, by bedtime tonight I will be a bodacious glowing beauty!!!!!!

To find out why it is essential to cleanse your face read all about it here!

Please do share this article amongst friends and on your social media. I am determined to make 2018 the year of the over 50 woman! Thank you xxxx

Have an amazing day,
Namaste,
Janie S xxx
Founder www.savvynsassy.net



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDER WOMEN ARE MISSING CERVICAL SCREENING TEST AND DYING THROUGH IGNORANCE.

Hello! Recently a post went up on the  Savvy 'n Sassy Facebook Group titled " The End of the Jade Goody Effect ". It's message was, I found, mind boggling. I carried out my own research and made a shocking discovery.  www.mirror.co.uk Ignorance Can Kill! What do you have in common with this vivacious woman? Not a lot, you are probably thinking but actually that isn’t true! www.gettyimages.com Like her, you have almost certainly been sexually active at some point in your life, have a family and friends that love you and want to live as long a spossible to see the children in your life, be they yours or someone else's, grow and prosper . Am I right? Like Jade, you may also be one of those women who missed a smear test, assuming that everything was alright. Sadly, she lost her life on Mother’s day 2009.In the years immediaitely following her sad and unnecessary death, the “Jade Effect” saw a sharp increase in the numbers of women accepting their ...

LOOK YOUNGER FOR LONGER! 5 REASONS YOU MUST CLEAN YOUR FACE!

5 reasons you must cleanse your face! and the reasons are shocking! Oh, I know, it feels like such a grind having to find five minutes out of our hectic schedule every evening and just a couple of minutes first thing in the morning to clean our faces. Guess what? If you can just squeeze in under 8 minutes a day into your diary you will not regret it! If you want to see the Vlog on this grab yourself a cuppa and click right here!   I know it is easy to think that letting the shower water run over your face is a good job done but hey that’s just lazy and is not good enough. In the evening, double cleanse and in the morning, a single cleanse will give you a great start to the day!   Top 5 reasons to cleanse day and night…. regularly! 1.       Your skin will stay looking younger for a helluva lot longer! Just like we need oxygen to live, our skin needs oxygen to rejuvenate and do its important repair work whilst we sleep. ...

THE SHOCKING RISE IN SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES IN WOMEN OVER 50!

Shocking rise in sexually transmitted diseases in the over 50s! What you don’t know CAN hurt you! Don't be blasé! Over the last couple of decades, the medical profession has aimed their STD awareness campaigns at young people aged 16 to 25. Overall it has been successful, however, in many ways it has backfired. By constantly targeting the young there has been a dramatic rise in STDs diagnosed within the 50 to 90 age group. Should we be surprised? Probably not! Staggeringly, it’s not just the easier to treat STDs that are rising such as chlamydia diagnosis which has increased by 75% in the last ten years. Frighteningly the incidence of those over 50 seeking treatment for HIV has increased by 82% since the beginning of the 21 st century. This phenomenon has been ongoing for several years now and doesn’t look likely to stop unless we address the issue ourselves!    Why the rise? Well, there are many reasons that can be, largely, put   down to medical ...